Being a venture capitalist is not for the faint of heart. To be successful, it’s good to stay on top of news and trends in the industry. To keep you up-to-date on-the-go, we’ve compiled the top 5 VC Twitter accounts to follow to get a wealth of information—and inspiration!
- Mark Cuban: It’s hard to think of investing and NOT think of our favorite shark, Mark Cuban. He’s an avid Twitter user and posts about his latest investments as well as useful tips. You can follow him at @mcuban – it also doesn’t hurt if you’re a Dallas Mavericks fan.
- Jason Calacanis: @Jason is an angel investor with an impressive list of investments, including first round investing in Uber and more than 60 other startups. Calacanis is not only great on Twitter, he is a self-described serial entrepreneur with a blog full of useful information for investors.
- Kevin Rose: @kevinrose is not only the founder of Digg, an internet news aggregator that specifically selects stories for readers based on interest, he is a partner at Google Ventures. His Twitter feed brings light to new and interesting companies and projects.
- Peter Fenton: @peterfenton is a Silicon Valley-based VC and Twitter board member. Fenton was named one of the top 100 technology investors and has worked his way up the list over the years. His tweets are full of news, and provide a look into his life.
- Reid Hoffman: @reidhoffman is a VC, entrepreneur and co-founder of LinkedIn. Reid was ranked in Forbes top list of the world’s billionaires (#631), so he knows a thing or two about investing. His feed shares news and links as well as opinion.
In 140 characters or less, you’ll gain first hand knowledge of the investment world and thoughts from insiders and innovators.